Five Places to Find Internships Online
With summer coming up, students with a break between semesters can find themselves wondering what to do with that extra time. Because work experience can sometimes be more important than education, an internship can really pay off in both dollar amounts and resume packing. To learn more about different kinds of internships in your area, check out these sites:
- Internships.con http://www.internships.com/ -The makers of this site have made it easy for students, employers, and even educators to find what they need. They are currently offering over 72,000 internship positions with over 20,000 companies. You can even use their interactive homepage to ask questions, or you can click on the Answer tab to view the most recent and most viewed questions such as how to get the internship you really want or even what an intern’s duties are during White Elephant.
- After College http://www.aftercollege.com/ – You don’t have to be graduating from college to take advantage of this site. It also features over 20,000 employers looking to hire interns or students. In addition, the site also has contributed over $400,000 to scholarships and student activities.
- Internship Programs http://www.internshipprograms.com/ – Want to know what the top ten current internships are? Then visit this site to check them out. They currently include an entertainment marketing and PR job, one with a funky professional atmosphere, and a marketing development internship. You can also browse by newest added, by employer, location, and field.
- Intern Match http://www.internmatch.com/ – If you think an internship job placement site should work more like a dating site, click here. You can start browsing by field and location, as well as check out featured internships with employers such as Sirius XM. One of their biggest areas of focus is internships in the information technology field. There are also tons of resources for students including help with cover letters, resumes, and a blog with more.
- USA Jobs http://www.usajobs.gov/studentsandgrads – If you want to intern on a public level, stop here. The site has tons of intern and student jobs for those still in school or who have just graduated. The Pathways Programs offers a clear path to Federal internships for students from high school through post-graduate school and provide meaningful training and career development opportunities for individuals who are at the beginning of their Federal service. Visitors can chose from the internship program, recent graduates program, and a Presidential Management Fellows Program.